Job title: AVP, Head of Accounting and Controlling
Job description: Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
This role will be accountable for the adequacy of internal controls over reporting, managing overall accounting process including Sharia accounting, expenses control and investment accounting, integrity of the general ledger, accuracy of local statutory (LGAAP and Indonesia regulations), relates to relevant Canadian reporting requirements (CIFRS), as well as taxation.
The role will necessarily include developing a strong relationship with external auditors, regulatory authorities and industry bodies. It will also requires providing leadership and coaching to the team and other departments in Manulife Indonesia.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
Including the design of adequate organizational structure for achieving the department’s goals and objectives * Meets the various corporate and regulatory reportorial requirements
- Issue/update policies and procedures for accounting related matters
- Re-engineer process flows and procedures in co-operation with the Head of Business Planning and Analysis, Actuary and other business units to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the services provided by the Accounting department to its internal and external customers.
- Review Payment Policies and ensure comply with Global and Regional policies
- Leverage a banking technology to improve business process with regional office and bank business partners.
- Timely completion of the annual statutory financial statements to be audited by external auditor, and timely submit the audited financial statements to Regulator, Central Bank and Industry Dept.
- Timely completion of the reporting to Regional Controllers (monthly, quarterly and annual) financial statements for the purpose of consolidation in Corporate.
- Delivery of Financial reporting requirements as requested by the Board of Commissioners
- Assess the impact of new accounting standards to company Financial Instruments both Local GAAP and CIFRS.
- Oversee and control expense handling of various departments
- Ensure the presentation and disclosures of company expenses are in conformity with generally accepted accounting principles both Local GAAP and IFRS.
- Assess the impact of new accounting standards to company expenses both Local GAAP and IFRS.
- Oversee the compliance of various Expenses policies and procedures
- Liaise with Regional Office for new accounting standards models related to company projects.
- University undergraduate majoring in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA/BAP degree will be an advantage)
- Over 10 years in insurance Industry/ Public accountant background Public Accounting Firm, Life Insurance Company
- Strong stakeholder management capabilities, including experience managing senior stakeholders.
- Excellent communications skills
If you are ready to unleash your potential, it’s time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2018, we had more than 34,000 employees, over 82,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 28 million customers. As of June 30, 2019, we had over $1.1 trillion (US$877 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $29.4 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States are where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention and advancement and we administer all of our practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Job date: Tue, 02 Jun 2020 22:54:18 GMT
Apply for the job now!