Job title: Chief of Party
Company: Nathan Associates Inc.
Job description: Job Description
Nathan is a leading provider of analytic and economic consultancy services worldwide. In the past decade, we have implemented more than 120 projects in more than 50 countries leveraging our global presence in Washington DC, London, and India. From improved transparency and deeper stakeholder engagement to more effective policies and more resilient businesses, we deliver results that impact economic growth, human development, and poverty reduction. We are passionate about applying our deep analytical expertise and advanced proprietary tools to generate economic solutions tailored to our clients’ unique challenges. Nathan focuses on a range of economic development subject matter areas including Trade & Logistics; Economic Policy & Governance; Private Sector Development; Women’s Economic Empowerment; and Financial Solutions.
The ASEAN-USAID Inclusive Growth in ASEAN through Innovation, Trade, and E-Commerce (ASEAN-USAID IGNITE) Program is a five-year program designed to promote a well-integrated and inclusive ASEAN Economic Community (AEC) by strengthening the enabling environment for cross-border trade to benefit consumers and workers in the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and the United States. The project is organized around three workstreams-(i) Trade Facilitation; (ii) the Digital Economy; and (iii) Science, Technology, and Innovation-providing technical assistance to relevant counterparts in ASEAN to implement policies of mutual interest to ASEAN and the U.S.
PosITION Summary: As the project’s key point of contact with USAID, the ASEAN Secretariat, the private sector, and other stakeholders, the Chief of Party will coordinate technical assistance activities with field staff, short-term consultants, and Nathan home office personnel. The COP may also be responsible for the implementation of specific technical tasks within the project (to be determined according to needs and expertise). The Chief of Party will oversee overall project operations including project management, administration, oversight, reporting, financial and contractual obligations, contractor progress, and performance monitoring and evaluation. The duty station for this position is Jakarta, Indonesia with extensive travel, when possible, throughout Southeast Asia.
· Provide overall leadership, management and technical direction to ensure integrated vision throughout ASEAN-USAID IGNITE Program activities;
· Provide direct oversight over the ASEAN-USAID IGNITE field staff, assign tasks, manage workloads, conduct performance evaluations, and foster a positive and productive work environment for team members;
· Serve as primary liaison with USAID, the ASEAN Secretariat, implementing partners, subcontractors, other donor projects and the Nathan home office;
· Coordinate with the ASEAN Secretariat and other stakeholders, including private sector organizations, to identify specific technical assistance needs and determine how best to integrate assistance with existing programs and resources;
· Ability to represent the project and its activities in ASEAN meetings and forums;
· Assure compliance with contractual, Nathan, U.S. Government, and Indonesian regulatory requirements;
· Coordinate the planning of technical activities involving Nathan’s partners with the Nathan headquarters project team to ensure that planned activities are in line with budgets and subcontracts;
· Provide contributions to and have overall responsibility for weekly, quarterly, and annual project reports; and
· Review all accounting statements submitted to the home office and time sheets of local consultants, and other financial documents as needed.
Qualifications & SKILLS:
· Master’s degrees or higher in economics, law, public policy, government, or other related field or a Bachelor’s degree in one of these fields with fifteen (15) years of relevant experience;
· Minimum 10 years of experience managing development programs of a similar focus and complexity, on topics such as economic growth, regional integration, trade facilitation, digital economy, and policy, at least three (3) years of experience managing programs with multilateral organizations preferred;
· Proven knowledge and experience working with ASEAN or similar economic organization;
· Proven ability to work effectively with USAID mission staff, host country counterparts, and international donors; with strong emphasis placed on experience developing and maintaining working relationships across a multi-stakeholder environment;
· Demonstrated leadership in teambuilding and integrity in project management and the ability to hire, train, and supervise local personnel;
· Demonstrated diplomatic skills, meaning experience working in an environment which required frequent negotiations to manage bureaucratic processes;
· Financial management skills including budgeting, tracking, reporting and accounting of finances and procurement;
· Strong written, oral, and presentation skills;
· Strong diplomatic speaking skills;
· Ability to travel extensively throughout Southeast Asia once travel restrictions are lifted;
· Solid understanding of USAID rules and regulations governing project compliance, procurement, and financial management preferred;
· Experience working in Southeast Asia (the ASEAN region) preferred; and
· Basic understanding of Bahasa Indonesia a bonus, but not required.
About the Organization
Nathan is a private international economic and analytics consulting firm that works with government and commercial clients around the globe to deliver practical solutions and achieve lasting results. Whether building frameworks for economic growth or navigating regulatory hurdles, securing infrastructure financing or evaluating and assessing disputes, Nathan’s experts serve as trusted partners, offering clients the analysis, technical advice, and strategies they need for sound decision-making. Known for both technical and service excellence and with corporate offices in the US, London, and India and more than 40 program offices around the world, we offer the following five areas of expertise, honed since we opened our doors in 1946:
- International Development
- Infrastructure, Project Development & Finance
- Economic & Regulatory Consulting
- Litigation & Expert Services
- Advisory Services
For a close view of the company’s international and domestic projects please visit our related project listings and our international project websites
- Apply now
Start your application
Applications for this position must be completed on the recruiting organization’s website.
Find more international development jobs and create alerts to have opportunities delivered to your inbox.
Job date: Thu, 23 Jul 2020 22:39:01 GMT
Apply for the job now!