Job title: Finance Manager, Indonesia
Company: IDP Education Ltd
Job description: IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company that is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are setting out to be the world’s leading platform and connected international student community through building tons of new products to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
For over 50 years our global network of 93 offices has been helping students to achieve their goals through studying abroad. By pursuing a global education at the beginning of their careers, we help them experience life-changing opportunities. For more than 5,000 employees in more than 50 countries, IDP Education is a specialist employer of choice in major cities across the globe.
If you share our passion in helping people to pursue their dreams through education and thrive in an innovative agile digital culture then come and join us as we undergo our digital revolution.
POSITION TITLE: Finance Manager
REPORTS TO: Operationally to Country Director, Indonesia Dotted line to Regional Finance Director SEA (Singapore-based)
BUSINESS UNIT: South East Asia
The Finance Manager and will lead total finance function for IDP Indonesia including financial reporting and accounting, management reporting, tax and Audits, group and local compliances, and financial planning and analysis.
Financial Accounting & Tax
1. Timely and accurate Local GAAP accounting and Australia GAAP accounting in direct coordination with Finance Shared Services. Overall responsibility for maintenance of all books of accounts for the company etc
2. Timely and accurate reporting to Head Office – Monthly Accounts closing and Balance sheet and P&L record submissions, Budget and Forecast Submissions, Inter Company reconciliations etc
3. Responsible for all Statutory compliances related to YPA Indonesia as its Treasurer of the YPA Board of Management.
4.Regular interface and reporting to Regional Finance by providing monthly closing files, variance analysis on financials, implementing any regional best practices etc
5. Managing local Tax compliances – Service Tax, VAT and Income tax
6. Managing Statutory Auditors and Internal Auditors and compliances to audit schedule.
1.Providing key financial insights in various business decisions making processes, being part of Country strategic team for business growth and identifying Key Financials risk areas and taking steps to manage the same.
2.Jointly with business leadership, develop and implement financial strategies and action plans to achieve financial objectives set in the budget.
3. Provide regional/country business leadership financial performance information and be part of the review process.
4. Partner with management team (CD, marketing and SP managers) to perform SP WOW Business Planning 2 deliverables for Indonesia – including 3 and 1 Year Intake Pipeline Planning, Pipeline (including lead, applied, finalised) monitoring, Pipeline Planning Workshops participation etc
5. Track individual office sales performance (volume and sell rate) against trend, budget and prior year and highlight opportunities to CD
6. Assist the Country Director in the research and preparation of business case documentation to support new opportunities and changes to agreed business plans.
7. Drive and promote improved forecasting of business activities influencing non-Finance leaders to best outcomes
8. Perform detailed business analysis which improves company financial performance e.g. sales analysis to minimise revenue leakage
1.Execute all necessary statutory and business-related contracts and agreements required for the IDP Indonesia network of offices.
2.Assist the senior managers with the administrative tasks required to manage their individual offices by devising and implementing systems, processes and procedures as necessary.
3.Assist with procurement initiatives for IDP Indonesia to drive improvement for IDP
4. Ensuring payroll computation is and payment is correctly done by overseeing and collaborating with Px (HR) department.
5.Ensuring Company regulations are filed Manpower authorities on timely basis and consent obtained from them.
1. Regularly review finance team activities and deliverables, agreeing priorities with direct and dotted line managers
2. Actively engage with Team members so that they meaningfully contribute to Indonesia operational success
3. Drive team motivation/ training and development needs
Internal : Country Director or nominated supervisor, Country Office Managers, Regional Finance Director – South East Asia, Country Management team in Indonesia ,All staff under Finance team ,All staff in Indonesia
External: Third Party Vendors and Agencies, Indonesian Dept of Taxation, Auditors, Banks
Essential requirements (skills, knowledge experience & qualification):
o Chartered Accountant or CPA with minimum 5+ years of experience in Medium/Large sized Multi-national PMA company in Indonesia
o Currently having a minimum of Manager or Controller role.
o Highly effective planning and organising, managing multiple competing priorities and finance staff in central and branch offices
o Highly effective relationship management skills
o Able to work under pressure and meet all reporting deadlines
o Effective English communication skills across all key methods – oral (including presentations), written and non-verbal.
o Demonstrated ability to drive team development and performance to next level o Knowledge of the Indonesian taxation laws as they apply to foreign companies- PMA and Yayasans
o Strong Microsoft Office (Excel and PowerPoint) skills
WORKING AT IDP
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people’s diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business.
We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities and be accountable for their actions.
We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive work places that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.
Location: Central Jakarta
Job date: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 22:45:21 GMT
Apply for the job now!